University of the Western Cape
University of the Western Cape; UWC online application
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) is a public university located in Bellville, a suburb of Cape Town, South Africa. The university was founded in 1960 by the South African government as a university for people of color only. Other universities near Cape Town include the University of Cape Town (UCT, originally for English-speaking whites), the University of Cape Peninsula (CPUT), and Stellenbosch University (originally for African-speaking whites). The creation of UWC was a direct result of the 1959 Higher Education Expansion Act.
- Applicants must have a valid email address in order to apply online. All communication from the University in regard to your application will be sent via email. Should you not have a valid email address you can create an email account using Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or any other email provider you may prefer.
- If you are a person with a disability, please ensure that you have completed that section fully in the online form to allow us to make contact with you regarding your support needs. Should you have any queries related to disability support at the University contact the Office for Students with Disabilities at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +27 21 959 4170.
- Applicants who have applied for study at UWC and who then wish to apply for UWC RESIDENCE must apply online, click here to apply for UWC Residence.
Click Here for the Residence application Guide. Residence placement is limited and not all applicants can be accommodated. Selection will only be done from those applicants who are made offers of study by the University based on placement criteria and availability of space (not all applicants who have been made an offer to study can be accommodated). For any residence inquiries, you can contact +27 21 959 2569 or email@example.com.
For new applicants click here to apply
To apply online click here
- You may apply for a maximum of TWO program choices
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programs in Faculties such as Dentistry, Community and Health Sciences, and Law
- There is NO application fee payable
STEP 2 – Acknowledgement of Application
- After completion of the online application form you will receive a letter via email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application
- The acknowledgment letter will contain your APPLICANT NUMBER
- This applicant number is to be used in all communication with the University
- You will also receive a brochure indicating the SUPPORTING documents that you will need to submit to the University by the application closing dates for your application to be considered complete
STEP 3 – Upload Supporting Documentation- UWC online application
- To upload supporting documents, go to http://studentdocumentupload.uwc.ac.za/ complete the form and upload the required documents
- Current Matriculants do not need to upload any supporting documentation
- Already Matriculated: Upload your matric certificate/foreign school leaving certificate
- Attending Another Tertiary Institution: Upload a certified copy of your academic record and certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar
Step 4 – Offer to Study – UWC online application
- Successful applicants will receive communication via email offering a firm place and information about registration and orientation for 2024
- Once a FIRM/FINAL offer is received, applicants will be required to ACCEPT the offer within the designated time
- Should you not ACCEPT your offer in the designated period you will forfeit your place to study (your offer will expire)
- You may, however, call or email the UWC Contact Centre and enquire as to whether your offer is still available even after it has expired and have it accepted on your behalf
- Applicants who have accepted their offers will receive communication via email informing them about registration and orientation for 2024.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
- Do not submit a new application
- Check with the Contact Centre if you may change your program choice
- Should your contact details change please contact the UWC Contact Centre and update your details
Do not submit a new application
Check with the Contact Center (+27 21 959 3900/01 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you may change your program choice
Should your contact details change please contact the UWC Contact Centre (+27 21 959 3900/01 or email@example.com) and update your details.
UWC Contact Center
Tel: +27 21 959 3900/01
Web chat: click here
Office Hours: 08h45-16h00