University of Stellenbosch
University of Stellenbosch
Stellenbosch University (African: Universiteit Stellenbosch) is a public research university located in Stellenbosch, a city in the state of West Cape, South Africa. Stellenbosch is South Africa’s oldest university and the oldest surviving university in sub-Saharan Africa, and the University of Cape Town was founded in 1999 at SUNSAT, the first microsatellite in 1918. I got full college status on the same day.
The University is the first African university to sign the Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Science and Human Knowledge.
Students at Stellenbosch University are called “Maties”. The term is probably derived from the Afrikaans word “tamatie” (meaning tomato, which refers to the color of maroon sports uniforms and blazer). “Mate”) was originally reduced by students of the predecessor of the University of Cape Town, a South African university (“maatjie”).
The faculties that are situated on the main campus are:
Large numbers of prospective students apply for our programmes. Unfortunately we can accept only a limited number of students. Even though you may meet the admission requirements of a programme, you are not guaranteed admission to the programme of your choice.
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Education (Foundation Phase)
- Education (Intermediate Phase)
- Medicine and Health Sciences
– Speech-Language and Hearing Therapy
– Occupational Therapy
- Military Science
How to Apply;
- Register on the online system using your email address and creating a password
- You will then be sent an email with a link to activate you on the system.
- Click the link to activate your registration.
- This process will take you back to where you need to click the Admission/other button (clicking the right button here is important)
- You will then be allowed to enter your login and password created in step one.
- Once you have completed your application you need to tick the button accepting the terms and conditions and submit.
- When you have submitted you are required to pay the R100 application fee. Various options are provided by the system.
- If you pay your application fee to the bank you need to use your application number as the reference and email the deposit slip to us.
- Once you have completed the process above we will process the application and you are provided a student number and login.
For further inquiries:
Tel.: 021 808 9111
Stellenbosch University is a public research university situated in Stellenbosch, a town in the Western Cape province of South Africa. Stellenbosch University was the first African university to sign the Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities. Stellenbosch University is the second-highest ranked African University according to the 2017-2018 QS World University Rankings.
List of courses, Tuition fees, ranking, accommodation, admissions, Contact information and notable alumni, more.