UJ Admission Requirements 2023/2024
UJ Admission Requirements 2023/2024: UJ application dates for 2023
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is vibrant, multicultural, and active, reflecting the cosmopolitan Johannesburg, the city that bears its name, in terms of pace and intensity. The institution is proudly South African, and it is well-equipped to contribute to the realisation of higher education’s potential for Africa’s growth.
UJ has grown into a diverse, inclusive, transformational, and collegial institution with a student population of over 50 000, including over 3000 international students from 80 countries. UJ is one of the country’s major contact institutions, with 26 public universities making up the country’s higher education system.
Requirements / APS
- The statutory minimum requirement for degree studies is a National Senior Certificate (NSC), with a minimum achievement level of 4 (50%–59%) in four recognised NSC 20-credit subjects from the designated subject list below:
Accounting, Agricultural Science, Business Studies, Consumer Studies, Dramatic Arts, Economics, Engineering Graphics and Design, Geography, History, Information Technology, Languages, Life Sciences, Mathematical Literacy, Mathematics, Music, Physical Science, Religion Studies, Visual Arts
- The total APS is the sum of the achievement ratings of the seven school subjects, keeping in mind that the performance rating achieved for Life Orientation must be divided by 2 and rounded up
- Life Orientation is not counted in the calculation of the APS for the Faculty of Science
- The University of Johannesburg requires all First Year students to write the National Benchmark Test (NBT), which is compulsory.
Applications open on 01 April of the year preceding the year of intended study and close on 31 October 2023 at 12:00 noon. You may apply online by clicking on the following link; APPLY HERE; should you encounter difficulties when attempting to submit your application online, kindly send an e-mail to email@example.com
Please Note: All applicants are advised to please not send cash through the mail or leave documents and cash with any unauthorised persons. UJ application dates for 2023
ALL INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS ARE TO TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Submit a completed application form with supporting documents together with a non-refundable application fee of R200.00
- Online applications are free
- Supporting documents may be uploaded on the application platform or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Final School leaving results when applying with international credentials or currently in Grade 12 (Final Grade 11 results)
- Valid Passport Identity Document or Birth Certificate
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any language other than English)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of learning and teaching (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 6 and TOEFL at an average score of 80–104 for Undergraduate programmes) alternatively, you may elect to write the University of Johannesburg English Language Programme Test (UJELP). Should you choose to write the University of Johannesburg English Language Programme Test (UJELP), Mr. Malibongwe Masango will be the contact person for UJELP. Mr Masango is contactable on +27 (0) 11 559 4265 or email@example.com
- In a case where both first and second choices were unsuccessful, the International Admissions Office will offer an international applicant an alternative choice option when meeting the requirements
- Should you require on-campus accommodation, please submit a completed residence application form at the same time you apply to study at UJ
|NSC / IEB Scale of Achievement||NSC / IEB %||UJ APS|
UJ Admission Requirements 2023/2024
University of Johannesburg Contact Information
Tel: +27 11 559 4555
Visit the University of Johannesburg (UJ)’s Official Website.
OTHER USEFUL POST