University of Fort Hare Careers
University of Fort Hare Careers
The institution offers a wide range of industry-relevant programs, including subjects such as business, education, humanities, science, technology, and agriculture. These programs are designed to match the needs of the ever-evolving labor market, ensuring that graduates possess the skills and expertise needed to flourish in their chosen industries.
The University of Fort Hare places a high premium on career development help. A committed team of career services professionals provides workshops, career counseling, and mentorship programs for students and provides them with support and assistance. They help students discover their career interests, create job search plans, and improve employability skills. Beyond classroom instruction, the university is dedicated to career development, preparing students for smooth transitions into the working world. University of Fort Hare Careers
Opportunities for Work-Integrated Learning and Internships
The University of Fort Hare works in conjunction with business partners to provide internship and work-integrated learning opportunities in an effort to close the knowledge gap between academia and the working world. Students are able to apply their knowledge in real-world situations, develop useful skills, and form useful networks thanks to these experiential learning opportunities. Many times, internships and chances for work-integrated learning act as a stepping stone to full-time employment after graduation.
Fleet and Facilities Manager-Ref No:241
The University of Fort Hare is a vibrant, equitable and sustainable African University, committed to teaching and research excellence at the service of its students, scholars and the wider community. The University of Fort Hare is seeking applications from appropriately qualified and experienced candidates for the post of Fleet and Facilities Manager, in the Division of Properties and Services.
- Honours degree in transportation management, business administration, or a related field. A Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Membership with the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport will be an added advantage.
- 5+ years’ experience in transportation management, preferably in a university or large institutional environment.
- Category C, Code 10 driver’s license with a valid PDP
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to the safe operation of the University vehicle fleet.
- Develop Fleet Needs Analysis.
- Manage the University’s fleet operations budget.
- Ensure compliance with respect to regulations related to vehicles’ operations.
- Oversee the monitoring and tracking of fleet performance metrics.
- Oversee the management of and maintain the fleet’s assets.
- Oversee the management of drivers.
- Manage the university’s transportation operations and service delivery.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to manage multiple transportation services simultaneously.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and manage a team effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Proficiency in using transportation management software and other relevant tools.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Knowledge of sustainable transportation practices is a plus.
Closing Date: 12 June 2024
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- Visit the Website ufh.ac.za/jobs for a more comprehensive advert and to apply online. Applications must clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the SUBJECT LINE and three work-related referees.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Queries can be directed to Ms. A Sonjica on firstname.lastname@example.org and 043 704 7190
The University reserves the right NOT to make a permanent appointment at this stage. University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile.
You can call or visit the school for more details about their Careers