University of Fort Hare Application Forms 2024/2025
University of Fort Hare Application Forms 2024/2025: Online Application for 2024
It was an important institution of higher education for Black Africans from 1916 to 1959, when it offered Western-style academic training to students from all over sub-Saharan Africa and formed a Black African elite. Fort Hare students were part of many subsequent independence movements and governments of newly independent African countries.
In 1959, the university was absorbed into the apartheid system but is now part of the post-apartheid public higher education system in South Africa. It is the alma mater of famous people like Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Robert Sobukwe, Oliver Tambo, and others.
- 2024 Undergraduate and Honours applications closed on Friday, 19 October 2023.
- NO Late Applications for Undergraduate and Honours.
- ONLY 2023 Masters and Doctoral applications have a Late Application fee of R250.00 until 31st December 2023.
How to apply for the University of Fort Hare
- Submit your application form and all the necessary documentation including the application fee before the closing date. Online Application for 2024
- An SMS will be sent to you informing you of the status of your application thereafter a letter of confirmation.
- Current matriculants who qualify based on their Grade 12 mid-term performance, are provisionally admitted pending the submission of their final matric results and subject to availability of space.
- Successful applicants will receive an admission letter, together with a registration guide, which reflects the registration dates and orientation program. It is important to note that all applicants who wrote the National Senior Certificate (NSC) are required to write the National Benchmark Test (NBT) before they are allowed to register for their 1st year at University.
- Read more about this compulsory test at www.nbt.ac.za. In which school-leaving category do you fall?
- National Senior Certificate (NSC)? The NSC is the new school-leaving qualification since 2009.
- Pre-2008 matriculation certificate? This is the old school-leaving qualification before 2009.
Campuses Contact Address:
- Address: Ring Road, Alice, 5700
- Phone: 040 602 2011
- Address: Independence Avenue, Bhisho, King Williams Town
- Phone: 040 608 3407
- Address: 50 Church Street
- Phone: 043 704 7000
The University of Fort Hare Contact Details
Call: +27 (0)43 704 7139
Please visit the University of Fort Hare (UFH)’s Official Website.
OTHER RELATED POST