University Of Cape Town July Intake
University Of Cape Town July Intake
The July intake at UCT offers an opportunity for prospective students to begin their academic journey in the middle of the year. This intake enables individuals who may have missed the February intake or have other reasons for starting their studies in July to enroll in the university.
When considering the July intake, it’s important to remember that not all programs and courses may be available during this intake period. Some programs might have limited intake options or specific criteria for mid-year entry. Therefore, it’s advisable to evaluate the course offerings and speak with the university’s admissions office to ensure the availability and suitability of your desired program.
SEARCH ALSO: Second Semester Registration Unisa 2024-2025
Please note: the University reserves the right to change these dates. Before acting on any of the dates below confirmation should be sought from the appropriate office.
3 April 2024
- Applications for admission in 2024 open at 12:00 noon.
- The National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) registrations are open.
- The UCT Open Day will be hosted in person in 2023.
- All undergraduate applications close. We do not accept late applications.
- Applications for student housing close.
- The last date to write the NBTs if you wish to be considered for a conditional offer by the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Preferred date for the submission of Bachelor of Architectural Studies (BAS) portfolios.
- The closing date for the undergraduate program has changed. Requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Request for program change”.
- Bachelor of Arts in Fine Art (BA(FA)) portfolios are due.
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies (BAS) portfolios are due.
- The last date to write the NBTs for admission to UCT.
- We aim to finalize all international applications to allow sufficient time for visa applications.
- Deadline for international applicants to attract an offer of admission. This is necessary to allow for sufficient time to obtain a study visa.
- Final transcripts for transferring applicants are due.
The following guidelines may be useful when you apply to UCT:
SEARCH ALSO: Apply Online at CPUT 2023-2024
When to apply
Applications for undergraduate admission to UCT in 2024 are accepted starting on April 3 and must be submitted by July 31. As soon as you can, please attempt to submit your application. Late applications are not taken into consideration. For applicants who would like more information before submitting an application, there is an annual UCT Open Day aimed at high school learners in Grades 10, 11, and 12, their families, and teachers. This year UCT Open Day is from 10:00 to 15:00 on Saturday, 13 May 2023.
An application fee must be paid for every application. UCT students and graduates, as well as Semester Study Abroad (SSA) applicants, are exempt from the application fee unless applying to a Graduate School of Business (GSB) program. Please refer to the fee structure for more information.
All exam results from Grade 11 through September of Grade 12 must be sent in by currently enrolled students. Delays could occur if these results are not submitted. All transcripts and academic documents for transferring students should be turned in as soon as possible.
Documents must be submitted as certified electronic copies to email@example.com (undergraduate applicants) or firstname.lastname@example.org (postgraduate applicants). Please do not send your submissions to both email addresses as this will only delay the processing of your application.
Monitor your application
You will be notified through email when we make changes to your application. Please keep a close eye on your email account for updates. You can also check your status online with the log-in credentials that we will send you after you apply. Telephone inquiries about the status of your application are not permitted.
NOTE: The July intake at the University of Cape Town offers an alternative entry point for students who want to pursue their studies at UCT but are unable to start during the regular February intake.
SEARCH ALSO: AFDA Application Dates