UNISA Masters and Doctoral Degrees
UNISA Masters and Doctoral Degrees
Pursue your doctoral and master’s degrees at UNISA
The University of South Africa (UNISA) is at the forefront of higher education, providing a vast array of Masters’s and Doctoral degree programs that cater to a variety of academic interests and career objectives. UNISA offers a platform for ambitious people to realize their academic potential and make major contributions to their chosen professions due to a commitment to excellence and a flexible learning style.
Master’s & doctoral degrees 2024
|Registration opens||Registration closes||Final date for payment|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Business Leadership (MBL) qualifications (second-semester modules only)
* All SBL students with a 7-series student number should contact the Graduate School of Business Leadership for assistance with re-registration: www.unisa.ac.za/sbl
|3 July 2023||14 July 2023||14 July 2023|
Semester 2 applications for selected master’s and doctoral qualifications (some exceptions apply) are open from 17 April to 5 May 2024.
- All applicants seeking to begin a new qualification, including first-time Unisa applicants, Unisa students seeking to begin a new qualification, students in their final year of a qualification seeking to begin a master’s or doctoral qualification, and previously registered master’s and doctoral students who did not register for the 2024 academic year but now wish to continue their studies, must submit an application for admission.
- At the master’s and doctorate levels, you may only apply for one degree. Therefore, it is essential that you confirm that you meet the minimal entrance requirements for your desired qualification before submitting an application for admission.
Please apply for a Unisa student number (unless you have already studied at Unisa towards a formal certificate) if you are applying for admission to the Graduate School of Business Leadership (GSBL) qualification and complete the online application process.
- Applications for master’s and doctorate programs, as well as any questions, must be made online. Please submit an email to MandD@unisa.ac.za with any masters or doctoral inquiries. Students in the GSBL program must send their questions to the appropriate email address: SBLMBA@unisa.ac.za, SBLMBL@unisa.ac.za, or SBLDBL@unisa.ac.za.
(only valid for students registering for the qualifications listed below)
- First-time registering students will be assisted manually to register.
- Re-registering Unisa students must register during the prescribed registration period.
|College of Science, Engineering, and Technology
(excluding Computer Science & Information Systems qualifications)
|For any inquiries, please contact the Master’s & Doctoral Administration Support Section for assistance: email@example.com
For any inquiries regarding the examination of the M&D research component (dissertation/thesis), please send an e-mail to Resexcoord@unisa.ac.za
|Doctor of Philosophy (90040) – SET, MAT, TEC, CHE, COM, LIF, AST, STA, SCE & PHY|
|Master of Science in Nature Conservation
(Full Dissertation) (98022)
|Qualifications in the Department of Decision Science (98597 – ORE), 98598, 98701|
Starting a Masters’s or Doctoral program at UNISA is a sizable investment in your intellectual development, professional success, and personal fulfillment. UNISA gives you the tools you need to realize your academic and career goals with its flexible study options, acclaimed programs, renowned instructors, and research opportunities.