Unisa Honours Degrees & Postgraduate Diplomas Application 2024-2025
Unisa Honours Degrees & Postgraduate Diplomas Application
Selection and application for 2024: here’s what you should know
Unisa is known as a provider of fair and equitable access to higher education opportunities. Flowing from its social responsibility to address past inequalities, Unisa has an application and selection process that effectively addresses historical imbalances without sacrificing quality standards.
This process promotes focused attention toward improved student support, and the alignment of our new student intake with the available academic capacity and required infrastructure to maximize all students’ chances of success.
What does the selection process entail?
Unisa will assess your application according to the academic admission requirements for your qualification(s) of choice and your final mark received at the undergraduate level.
How does the application process work?
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your applications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application.
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer for the 2024 academic year, you may only register for the qualification and specialization for which you received an offer. You may also only register for the 2024 academic year. Should you decide not to register for the 2023 academic year, you must re-apply for admission in 2024 for the 2024-2025 academic year.
Unisa Honours Degrees
Who must apply for admission?
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes
- first-time Unisa applicants
- Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or changing the specialization of a current qualification
- applicants in their final year of an undergraduate qualification who wish to continue with postgraduate studies
Please note: You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied and were offered a space, but did not register for any reason.
- All applications for admission must be submitted online. No self-help stations will be available for applications at the regional offices.
- Admission to a qualification is not automatic. It will depend on whether you comply with the admission requirements and if space is available.
- Only complete applications (application fee paid, if applicable, and all supporting documents successfully uploaded) will be processed.
- Students who obtained qualifications outside the borders of South Africa must have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and upload a SAQA certificate of evaluation during the application process (https://www.saqa.org.za).
- Unisa will contact you via the email address and mobile phone number you gave during the application process if you are a first-time Unisa applicant and do not have a myLife e-mail address.
- If you were previously registered with Unisa, Unisa will send the outcome of your application to your myLife e-mail account. Please check this e-mail account regularly for information. If you have forgotten your myUnisa/myLife password, please go to myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za) to update your password.
- All enrolled students at Unisa are given a free myLife e-mail address. Once your registration is complete, it is your responsibility to activate your myLife email account. Your myLife email address will be the only one accepted by Unisa for official communication with the institution and will continue to be the primary official email address on file with Unisa. Click here for Unisa’s rules for students.
|Contact information for honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas:|
|All honours/postgraduate diploma applications and inquiries must be submitted online. For any inquiries, please use the e-mail address of the college under which your qualification resides (eg if you choose the Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting Sciences, you should use the email@example.com e-mail address). Please do not send multiple e-mails or an e-mail to more than one e-mail address.
OTHER RELATED POST