Unisa Gap Grant Application 2023/2024
Unisa Gap Grant Application 2023/2024: DHET Grant 2023 Online Application
Gap Grant Application funding is considered for candidates who do not fulfill the NSFAS qualifying criteria but still require financial support to cover their educational expenses.
How do I apply for a Unisa grant?
Fill out an application for a DHET Gap Grant.
- STEP 1: Fill in the blanks with the student’s information.
- STEP 2: Include all members of the family.
- STEP 3: Fill out and submit the Consent Form.
Complete the next 3 STEPS to Apply for your Missing Middle Gap Grant! Unisa (DHET) Gap Grant
What is a combined family income?
This is the entire amount of money earned by the student and his or her immediate family (mother, father, spouse, or legal guardian) through earnings, salaries, grants, pensions, or other sources of income, such as rental or company revenue.
The total gross family income (before deductions) must not exceed R600 000 per year.
Who should apply?
You may apply for the 2023 fee adjustment grant if
- you are a Unisa student currently registered for an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification (formal qualification).
- you are a South African citizen.
- your combined family income does not exceed R600 000 per annum.
- you will receive only a partial bursary/scholarship for the 2023 academic year that does not cover the full cost of your study (provided that your combined family income does not exceed R600 000).
Read Also: Unisa Application Nsfas Grant 2023/2024
Who should not apply?
- Students who have already received the 2023 fee adjustment (missing middle) grant.
- Students with a combined family income of more than R600 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied for and qualify for NSFAS funding for the 2023 academic year. Qualifying NSFAS applicants will automatically be considered for the 2023 fee adjustment grant.
- Students who completed Grade 12 in 2023 at Quintile 1, 2, or 3 schools. These students will automatically be considered for the 2023 fee adjustment grant and do not need to submit an application.
- Students who will receive a full cost bursary or scholarship for the 2023 academic year.
- Foreign students (any student without a South African ID).
For additional information, kindly click here
All application, registration, and study-related information is available on the Unisa corporate website in both web and mobile formats. DHET Grant 2023 Application
- Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za)
- The myUnisa website: myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za/)
- Fax enquiries to 012 429 4150
Information Services Division
- Tel: 0800 00 1870
- 012 429 3111 (Option 2)
Contact details for student assistance and service
- Ethics Hotline: 0800 005 311
All students must book a space before visiting any Unisa office
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning center):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Visit Unisa’s Official Website.