Unisa Application Process 2023/2024
Unisa Application Process 2023/2024: Unisa Application Form
Selection and application for 2023: here’s what you should know
Applications for admission to Unisa open from 1 September to 15 December 2023. Apply now!
Unisa is noted for providing access to higher education that is both fair and egalitarian. Unisa has an application and selection process that effectively tackles historical imbalances without jeopardising quality standards, as a result of its social responsibility to correct past inequities.
This procedure encourages a laser-like focus on improving student support and aligning our new student intake with available academic capacity and infrastructure in order to maximise all students’ chances of success.
What does the selection process entail?
- At the heart of the selection process is a calculation of your individual points score, which takes into account your final Grade 12 marks and other key factors such as the school you attended, your gender, socio-economic group, race, and so on.
- Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements, and the required academics points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s). A higher certificate requires a minimum APS of 15, a diploma a minimum APS of 18, and a bachelor’s degree a minimum APS of 21 or more (some exceptions apply).
- It is important to note that you will not automatically be accepted to study through Unisa in semester 1 of 2023. Students will be accommodated on the basis of the number of places available for each qualification.
Read Also: My Application at Unisa 2023/2024
The UNISA Online Application Process for 2023
- A maximum of two qualifications, listed in order of preference, may be applied for (although you may only register for one should both of your qualifications be successful).
- The conclusion of your application will be communicated to you by Unisa. If you are accepted, Unisa will tell you the qualification you have been accepted for and will offer you a spot for the term you applied for (ie semester 1).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another applicant.
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission (ie semester 1). Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
Who must apply?
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialization.
- If you are completing a higher certificate or alternative pathway / extended programme, you must apply for admission if you want to continue with further undergraduate studies.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and were offered a space, but did not accept the offer and/or did not register for any reason. Unisa Application Form
- Everyone planning to enroll in classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
UNISA Contact Infomation
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Tel: 0800 005 311
Visit Unisa’s Official Website.
OTHER RELATED LINKS: