Unisa Application June 2024
Unisa Application June 2024
Selection and application for 2024: here’s what you should know
Applications for admission to Unisa have been extended. Apply now!
Unisa is noted for providing access to higher education that is both fair and egalitarian. Unisa has an application and selection process that effectively tackles historical imbalances without jeopardizing quality standards, as a result of its social responsibility to correct past inequities.
This process encourages a laser-like focus on improving student support and aligning their new student intake with available academic capacity and infrastructure so that all students have the best chance of succeeding.
What does the selection process entail?
- The calculation of your individual points score, which takes into consideration your final Grade 12 grades as well as other crucial characteristics such as your gender, socioeconomic group, race, and so on, is at the heart of the selection process.
- Please confirm whether you meet the statutory and college-specific entrance requirements, as well as the required academic points score (APS) for your selected qualification, before submitting an application (s). A minimum APS of 15 is required for a higher certificate, an APS of 18 for a diploma, and a minimum APS of 21 or greater for a bachelor’s degree (some exceptions apply).
- It’s vital to remember that you won’t be automatically approved to study at Unisa in the first semester of 2024. The number of spots available for each qualification will determine
- how students are accommodated.
Read Also: Apply for Admission at Unisa 2024-2025
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your qualifications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie semester 1).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another applicant.
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission (ie semester 1). Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
Who must apply?
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialization.
- If you are completing a higher certificate or alternative pathway / extended program, you must apply for admission if you want to continue with further undergraduate studies.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and were offered a space, but did not accept the offer and/or did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enroll in classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
Please contact Unisa using the information provided below for the Application date.
Visit the University:
Main Campus: Address:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning center):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Tel: 0800 005 311
- Email: email@example.com
Visit Unisa Tvet College’s Official Website
Other Useful Articles