Unisa Application Grant 2024/2025
Unisa Application Grant 2024/2025: Unisa online application 2024 PDF
How to Apply for an NSFAS Grant
Do you need an NSFAS grant? Follow these steps simple steps on how to apply for your NSFAS Grant:
- Apply online or in-person
- Sign the National Bursary Agreement.
- Submit the correct documentation with your NSFAS Grant application.
How do I apply for an NSFAS Grant online?
- You first need to register yourself online at myNSFAS.
- Next, you need to create a username and password for yourself. You will need this username and password to log in to your myNSFAS account when you have to update your personal details
- In order for you to complete your registration process, you need to have a cellphone number and an email address.
- However, if you do not have an email address, you need to create an email address.
- Once you have successfully registered on myNSFAS, you need to click on the APPLY tab. You will then be taken to the online application form, where you need to read the form through carefully and make sure you have all the correct information ready to start filling out your particulars.
- IMPORTANT to know. You need to have scanned copies of all your certified supporting documents. In other words, you need to upload all these documents onto your application. Make sure you have all the necessary supporting documents because you can not save the application form to later add a document that you accidentally forgot to get a certified copy of.
- You need to download and fill in the Parent Consent Form supplied by NSFAS.
- As soon as you have successfully completed the application form and made sure you have correctly attached all the necessary supporting documents, then you need to click on the SUBMIT button to be able to submit your application. After doing that, you will need to wait to receive a reference number.
- Make sure that you submit your application during the Unisa Registration period.
- No late applications will be considered.
How to apply for an NSFAS Grant in Person?
- Visit your nearest regional/provincial NYDA office/center where you can go and get a paper application form to fill in.
- Make sure you read the paper application form carefully to familiarize yourself with what it is all about and how it works. The NYDA center workers will help explain the application process to you if you should need further assistance.
- Make sure you use a black ink pen when you fill in the application form(s) and that you write in CAPITAL letters and within the allocated blocks.
- Write clearly and neatly and do not scratch out any of the text.
- Your parents need to sign the consent form.
- You need to have all the listed, certified copies of your supporting documents with you so that you can attach (staple) them to your application form before submitting your application.
- All the supporting documents must be certified on the front of the page, and should not be older than 3 months.
- Make sure that you sign the completed application form, then take it to one of the assistants to check that everything has been filled out correctly and that the correct documentation is attached to your application form.
- After you have submitted your application, you will receive a small receipt card of acknowledgment, and the assistant will attach a bar code to it. (The duplicate bar code will also be attached to your application form with the attached documentation provided.
Read Also: Unisa Application Nsfas Grant 2024/2025
What documents do I need to apply for an NSFAS bursary?
National Bursary Agreement (NBA)
Very important to know is that the following students need to sign the National Bursary Agreement form in order to receive your NSFAS Grant:
- a First Time Entering Student (FTEN)
- a student who has received a bursary for the first time, and whose funding application has been approved by NSFAS
How to sign the National Bursary Agreement (NBA)?
- An email notification will be sent to your email address.
- In this email, you will have to click on the link to go to the online entrance page of the NBA.
- Once you are on the entrance page of the NBA, you will need to put in your ID number in order to receive a Time Pin code (OTP).
- You will receive this OTP through an SMS that will be sent to your cell phone number that you filled in on your initial NSFAS registration forms.
- Now enter the unique OTP and then you need to sign the NBA online.
- To get more information about the NBA online signing process, please click here.
The following information is very important to keep in mind:
- Be aware of the DEADLINE for signing your NBA.
- If your cell phone number has changed from the original cell phone number that is saved at NSFAS, and therefore no longer in use or invalid, you then need to send the following supplying documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A certified copy of your green, bar-coded ID or your smart card ID.
- You need to go and get a complete affidavit that specifies that you have changed your cell phone number, and you have to list your old cell phone number and your new cell phone number. Unisa online application 2024 PDF
Important to remember:
- For your NSFAS Grant application to be successfully processed, it is very important that you complete all the sections of the application form(s) and you also need to attach all the certified supporting documents.
- It is very important to remember to write your identification number on every page of certified supporting documents, otherwise, NSFAS will not be able to process your NSFAS Grant application.
- None of your certified copies of your supporting documentation must be older than 3 months.
- Documents can be certified for free at a South African Post Office, or at a South African Police Service Station. Unisa Application Grant 2024/2025
- If you are under the age of 18 years old, or even when you are 18 years and older and you are still depending on your parent or legal guardian’s yearly household income, then the same applies to you too
Second Semester Registration and NSFAS Funding/Grant
- Unisa students who have applied for their NSFAS Funding/Grant can Register for the Unisa Second Semester 2023, as soon as they get confirmation that their NSFAS Funding/Grant has been approved.
- NSFAS Funding/Grant is valid for a full academic year. Unisa online application 2024 PDF
- It is very important to Register for the Unisa Second Semester 2023 as soon as possible before the closing date, to give Unisa enough time to process your NSFAS Funding/Grant application.
- For more information about NSFAS Funding/Grants
UNISA Contact Infomation
Please contact Unisa for any additional information needed using the contact information below:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning center):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Tel: 0800 005 311
- Email: email@example.com
Visit Unisa’s Official Website.