UNISA Admission Requirements 2024
UNISA Admission Requirements 2024
Knowing the requirements for admission is essential if you want to pursue further education at the University of South Africa (UNISA). As one of the top universities in South Africa, UNISA upholds a set of requirements to guarantee that applicants are adequately equipped for the academic adventure that lies ahead. Here are the main admission requirements you should take into account while applying to UNISA so that you can be guided through the application process. UNISA Admission Requirements 2024
General admission requirements
Your admission to Unisa is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification. If you don’t meet these requirements, you may want to consider alternative qualifications or possibly, if you qualify, an extended program (refer to the college admission requirements), enabling you to register for limited modules in your first year.
Unisa general admission requirements
- Your admission to Unisa is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification.
- If you don’t meet these requirements, you may want to consider alternative qualifications or possibly, if you qualify, an extended program, enabling you to register for limited modules in your first year.
- Students who completed Grade 12 at the ACE (Accelerated Christian Education) School of Tomorrow may no longer be accepted at Unisa.
- Some Unisa qualifications have limited spaces available. Meeting the general and/or specific admission requirements for a qualification does not guarantee that you will be offered a space for the 2024 academic year.
SEARCH ALSO: Unisa College of Education Qualification
Admission Requirements for Specific Qualifications
- Accounting Sciences
- Agriculture & Environmental Sciences
- Economic & Management Sciences
- Human Sciences
- Science, Engineering & Technology
HIGHER CERTIFICATE QUALIFICATIONS
- A National Senior Certificate(NSC), with at least 30% in the language of teaching and learning and 40% in Mathematics
- A Senior Certificate, with at least 30% in the language of teaching and learning and 40% in Mathematics in terms of the NSC
- A National Certificate(Vocational) Level 4, with at least 30% in the language of teaching and learning and 40% in Mathematics in terms of the NSC
DIPLOMA QUALIFICATIONS IN ENGINEERING
The learners accepted to enroll for the qualification must meet one of the following requirements:
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) (Diploma endorsement) with a 4 in Mathematics or Technical Mathematics not (Mathematical Literacy), English, Physical Science or Technical Science, or an N4 in Mathematics and Engineering Science with a minimum value of 50%
- a Senior Certificate (issued before 2008) with at least a D on the Higher Grade or a C on the Standard Grade in Mathematics, Physical Science, and English, or an N4 Mathematics and Engineering Science with a minimum value of 50%,
- English, mathematics, and engineering science are required for the NC(V) National Certificate(Vocational) (Diploma Endorsement), with a minimum mark of 50%.
- Advanced Certification in the Subject. Applicants who do not meet the aforementioned standards should think about applying for a qualification at a lower level for which they do meet the statutory and other requirements.
DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) (Diploma endorsement) or an equivalent with at least 50% in the language of instruction and learning, 50% in mathematics, or at least an N4 mathematics pass with at least 50%, and at least 50% in English, Communication, or Communication Technology.
- a Senior Certificate (SC) with at least a D on the HG or a C on the SG in the language of teaching and learning, at least a D on the HG or a C on the SG in Mathematics, and at least a D on the HG or a C on the SG in Physical Science, if any Physics or Chemistry modules are included in the curriculum of a chosen qualification, or at least N4 Mathematics passed with a minimum of 50% and N4 English, N4
Students must meet all entry requirements, including the minimum APS of 18, in order to be eligible for diploma credentials. They must also be admitted to diploma studies. Candidates who don’t meet the aforementioned standards should think about applying for a qualification at a lower level for which they do.
ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN ENGINEERING
To be accepted for an Advanced Diploma, you must have completed:
- A National Diploma in Engineering, at NQF level 6, in the relevant field
- A 360 credit Diploma in Engineering at NQF Level 6, in the relevant field
- Advanced Certificate in Engineering Practice in a relevant field at NQF Level 6, from an accredited provider of higher education
- A national or international equivalent qualification at NQF level 6 in the appropriate field
ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
a minimum of 60% of the coursework that satisfies the vocational requirement of the Advanced Diploma qualification, or an appropriate diploma, national diploma, or bachelor’s degree in IT or an ICT-related qualification field at NQF level 6 from an accredited higher education provider.
a suitable NQF 7 qualification from a higher education source with accreditation. 60% or above is required for the major(s) or a certain number of NQF 7 modules to earn the certification.
a four-year bachelor of science degree in the relevant discipline with an average of at least 60%, or an honours degree, postgraduate diploma, or diploma. Before submitting an application for admission, candidates must first check with the appropriate academic department to see if a supervisor is available. Before a proposal for a Master’s degree would be evaluated, students who have not finished a module in research technique may be required to do so.
An appropriate Master’s degree. Applicants must first contact the relevant academic department to confirm the availability of a supervisor, before applying for admission.
You’ll be one step closer to joining the respected academic community at the University of South Africa if you meet these prerequisites and submit a thorough application.
OTHER RELATED LINKS