Unisa Admission and Re-admission Rules 2023/2024
Unisa Admission and Re-admission Rules 2023/2024: Unisa 2023 Application Dates
Unisa Admission Rules 2023
The University of South Africa, colloquially known as Unisa, is the largest university system in South Africa in terms of enrollment. It attracts a third of all higher education students in South Africa. Unisa 2023 Application Dates
Admission and re-admission rules (academic progression rules)
These academic progression rules are applicable to all undergraduate Unisa students, irrespective of when you commenced your undergraduate studies at Unisa.
To be re-admitted to Unisa in 2023, please take note of the following:
First-year of study
Pass at least 36 credits per year / over 2 consecutive semesters.
From 2nd year of study
Pass at least 48 credits per year / over 2 consecutive semesters.
Read Also: Unisa Application Dates for Second Semester 2023/2024
Failure to pass the required number of modules will result in you not being able to study further at the undergraduate level. A student wishing to be re-admitted to Unisa after being excluded on the basis of poor performance in qualification may only do so after providing proof of successful completion of a one-year certificate programme at NQF level 4, 5, or higher (with 48 credits) at another accredited institution or a Unisa short learning programme. In order to satisfy the requirements of this rule, the student must have completed at least 48 credits before an application for re-admission will be considered.
These progression rules are subject to the following exceptions:
- Students who are at the maximum time allowed and have less than 60 credits outstanding will be given 1 year to complete.
- Students with disabilities may apply to the Registrar for exemption from the above rules.
- Students who decide not to register for an academic year or semester must apply for a deferment; the academic year or semester will then not be taken into consideration in calculating the number of years.
- Students who are excluded on grounds of poor academic performance have the right to appeal the decision through the Executive Dean of the College.
UNISA Contact Infomation
If you want any additional information, please contact Unisa at the following address:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Tel: 0800 005 311
- Email: email@example.com
Visit Unisa’s Official Website.
OTHER USEFUL POST