Are you seeking appropriate possibilities for accommodation for students if you intend to attend the University of Johannesburg? Look no further than the UJ Residences, on-campus accommodation options created to offer students a relaxing and encouraging living environment. You can learn about the various UJ Residences, the amenities provided, and the benefits of living on campus by reading this in-depth guide.
You may need to make other arrangements if you have applied for campus housing but have not yet received confirmation of your space. All applicants and accepted students get confirmation letters from the Division of Student Accommodation and Residence Life by the end of October.
It is advised that you find private housing as an alternative to university housing. It is crucial to understand that the Division for Internationalization disclaims all liability for any issues that might arise from a student’s private housing. The Division can direct you to privately owned housing that has been approved by the university.
Accommodation on Campus
- For first-time candidates, finish the academic application procedure first, then follow the instructions below to complete the residence application using your student/reference number.
- You will be required to pay a resident deposit of R1220.00 once you have been admitted academically to the university in January 2024 and have received a letter confirming your placement in residence.
- If there is room available, entrance to the university does not ensure admission to the dormitories.
- Only on the campus where you take classes are you allowed to live.
- Transfers of residency are not permitted.
- Only those who are enrolled in FULL-TIME undergraduate and graduate programs may apply for residency.
- First-time entering students who are 24 years of age or older are not eligible to use the residence online application. A hardcopy application form is available for download at the bottom of this page.
PLEASE NOTE: Students who have previously registered for classes at UJ are NOT eligible to use this application; it is just for first-time entering students who have never studied before. Click HERE to apply
Online residence application – How to guide
- Enter your student number and pin to log in.
- When you are logged in, expand the ‘Student Web Systems’ folder
- Expand the ‘Application Process’ folder
- Click on the ‘Application Process’ folder on the left-hand side
- Click on the ‘Add New Residence Application’ button:
- Complete the highlighted fields and then click on the ‘Proceed With Application’ button:
- Click on the “New Record’ button to submit your application
OTHER USEFUL LINKS