List of All Bursaries in South Africa 2019 – 2020
One of the biggest investments you can make is in your education. Whether you are in your last year of school and considering going to University, a current student struggling to continue paying for education or if you have a strong academic history then a bursary or scholarship could be a great option for you.
Bursaries and Scholarships are one of the best ways to finance your studies and achieve goals in higher education without having to spend a large amount of money. It reduces the cost of postgraduate studies and liability of debt because they don’thaveto be repaid.
If you do not fully understand what a bursary is and how to get one, the following information will help guide you through the process.
What is a Bursary and How Does it Work?
A Bursary is a sum of money that is awarded to enable someone to study at university or college. A lot of organisations, government or corporate, will offer the bursary to study at a university and will cover the costs of full tuition fees. Sometimes the bursary will also cover additional costs involved in studying such as textbooks, laptop, living allowance for meals and accommodation.
Often the organisation providing the bursary will require that the individual (bursar) completes work or a training program for that organisation after completing their studies. This is beneficial for both the bursar and the organisation as the bursar is provided with employment after completing their course and the organisation has a well trained and educated member to join their team.
How to Find a Bursary in South Africa to Finance Your Study?
People often talk about safety in numbers. There is no limitation on the number of bursary you can apply for. So it is recommended to complete as many bursary applications as possible in the field of study you are interested in and where you meet the bursary requirements.
You can use this website to find South African Bursaries online applications by searching by field of study or by the name of the organisation or companies which is offering the bursary or scholarship. Or you can simply click on the following categories to find your bursary programmes:
- Education & Teaching
- Information Technology
- Medical & Nursing
How to Apply for Bursaries in South Africa?
Qualifying for a Bursary
Each bursary will often have a set of different requirements in order to qualify, often this will depend on what the organisation/company is looking for in its bursar. Eligibility requirements often found on application forms are:
- You have to be a South African citizen (or South African permanent residents)
- You have a strong academic history (some bursaries require good grades in certain subject – e.g. Maths/Science/Languages)
- You have currently been studying or intend to study within a specific field of study which is suitable for the bursary program
- You have currently been studying or you have applied to study at a recognized institution in South Africa
- You have a proven financial need (often by submitting proof of household income)
Applicants must ensure they meet all of the eligibility requirements for the Bursary to be considered.
The Application Process
The application process is usually straightforward and well explained. Once you know which field of study it is you are looking for, then you can begin completing the online bursary application forms.
For each bursary we have listed on the site there will be a list of steps on what is required to complete the application form.
- First, make sure you fulfill the bursary eligibility requirements
- Ensure you have all the information and documentation to complete the application form
- Use the bursary online application form (if available) or download a copy of the form to complete and submit
If you still have questions regarding the application process, please either provide a comment on the page itself or alternatively we have provided contact details where you can obtain further information or ask questions to the organisation or company directly.
List Of Latest Bursaries 2019 – 2020
All Bursaries South Africa has the latest online list of all available bursaries. You can find different bursary by looking at the different fields of study. Along with providing details on the organisation/company providing the bursary, we also provide links to the bursary online application form and tips on how to best complete the application forms.
You will be able to find all the available bursaries information listed here. Including- general, accounting, agricultural, commerce, construction, computer science, engineering, government sectors, journalism, law, music and performing arts, medical science, nursing, teaching & education, and many more field of studies. Please do ask any questions in the comments section of each bursary programme and we will look to get back to you as soon as possible.
Bursaries for 2019 – 2020
- Athlone Institute Bursary 2019 – 2020,New
- Southern African Journalists’ Bursary 2019 – 2020,New
- SEDISA Trust Bursary 2019 – 2020,New
- Kaplan Centre Bursaries South Africa 2019 – 2020,New
- FoodBev SETA Bursary 2019 – 2020,New
- Commonwealth Scholarships: Split-site PhD Scholarships,New
- FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar Scholarship 2019 – 2020,New
- Southern African Clothing & Textile Workers’ Union (SACTWU) Bursary 2019 – 2020,New
- Poliomyelitis Research Foundation Bursaries 2019 – 2020,New