NMMU Registration 2023/2024
NMMU Registration 2023/2024: NMU 2023 Registration Dates
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) was established on January 1, 2005, following the amalgamation of the University of Port Elizabeth’s PE Technikon and the University of Vista’s Port Elizabeth Campus (Vista PE).
The PE Technikon has its roots in the PE School of Art, the country’s oldest art school, founded in 1882; the University of Port Elizabeth (UPE), the country’s first residential dual media university, founded on January 31, 1964; and the Vista University Port Elizabeth campus, which provided access to higher education to underprivileged students.
The institution’s mission is to be a vibrant African university known for its leadership in the generation of cutting-edge knowledge for a sustainable future. A varied range of life-changing educational experiences for a better world is also part of the mission.
What is Registration? NMMU Online Registration
Registration is the formal confirmation of the acceptance of an admitted applicant to a specific course of study at the university, after successful compliance with the minimum registration requirements.
What is Pre-Registration?
Pre-registration is the process of double-checking that all international students have submitted all of their relevant documents to the Office for International Education and that they are on record in their student files. Students must report to the venue indicated on their list of important dates and at the time indicated. They are required to bring original copies of all their documents.
- Original school-leaving certificates and proof of birth date (original birth certificates), indicating compliance with Matriculation Exemption requirements.
- Valid passport with a valid study permit.
- Proof of payment of tuition fees in the full and prescribed portion of Residence fees or proof of sponsorship.
- Proof of medical insurance coverage.
- IELTS or TOEFL results (applicable to non-English speaking degree students only).
- Transcripts of academic records.
Read Also: Unisa 2nd Semester Registration 2023-2024
What requirements must a student meet to be registered?
- The specific Faculty requirements have to be met.
- The registration form (blue) has to be signed by the student and the Faculty Officer.
- All fees need to be paid before registration. NMMU Registration 2023/2024
- The Access Assessment must be completed before registration. Test results may be used for development or streaming purposes during registration.
What proof of registration does a student receive?
At registration after a student has been registered he/she will receive the following:
- Proof of registration form where all modules and fees are indicated
- A laminated student card
- An individual time-table
What does a student need to do if he/she wants to change degrees or modules?
- Form 11 must be completed. This form can be obtained from the Office for International Education.
- The student must indicate if a module must be added or deleted and indicate why.
- The form must be signed by the student and the relevant Faculty Officer.
- If the change involves a change of Faculty the student must be aware that they may need to sit for the Access Assessment Battery, as part of their admissions requirements to the new Faculty e.g. if a student who was previously registered in the Arts Faculty wishes to change to a BCom degree (a degree in the economic and Building Sciences Faculty) the student will need to provide Mathematics results.
- The Dean of the relevant Faculty then considers the student’s request together with all the information contained in his/her file and his/her test results, in making the admissions decision.
Read Also: CUT Courses 2023
The results of this decision are then communicated to the admissions officer, who then contacts the student to inform him/her of the results.
Please Note: Registration takes place between the end of January and the beginning of February. There is also a registration session in July for students arriving mid-year.
Register online …
- Lectures for the second semester start on Monday, 16 July 2023.
- The last day for registration and cancellation of modules for the block of lectures that started on 16 July is Friday, 27 July 2023.
- The 2023 Academic Calendar as well as the General Prospectus are available for download on the right of this page. NMU 2023 Registration Dates
PLEASE NOTE – the 2023 second semester intake is only for returning students, i.e. those who have modules to complete. There is NO second-semester intake for NEW students.
NMMU Contact Information
PO Box 77000
Nelson Mandela University
- Tel: +27 (0) 41 504 1111
- Email: email@example.com
Visit Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU)’s Official Website.
OTHER USEFUL POST