NMMU Application Procedure
NMMU Application Procedure
This is the NMMU Application Procedure Guide. The goal of this essay is to provide you with a thorough insight into the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) application procedure. This guide will provide you with the necessary information and methods to effectively traverse the NMMU application process, whether you’re a prospective student eager to start your higher education journey or a parent/guardian helping with the application.
The dedication to academic achievement, innovation, and community involvement at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University is well known. To guarantee a seamless and stress-free application process as you explore joining the NMMU community, it’s crucial to familiarize yourself with the application process, prerequisites, and deadlines.
PLEASE NOTE: After completing their initial undergraduate qualifications (e.g., AdvDip or Degree), graduates who are interested in a career in teaching can apply for the Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), which is not considered a postgraduate degree. As a result, the PGCE qualification is listed on the online application system under the ‘Undergraduate’ page rather than the ‘Postgraduate’ tab.
1: Your online application form must be accompanied by:
- a certified copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- a certified copy of your most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a certified copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- certified copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a certified copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a certified copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian/surety if you are a dependant, currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the University.
2: They no longer test applicants for admission, so if your Applicant Score (AS) and subject-specific% pass grades do not satisfy the direct entry standards for your desired program, you will need to consider another qualification.
3: There may be additional selection criteria for some programs; to find out what they are, visit the Undergraduate Guide.
4: You can track the status of your application.
5: You will be informed of the results of your application by our website and SMS. Please verify that the cell phone number we have for you is accurate.
6: If accepted, you will get an orientation manual and registration details in November or December.
7: Final acceptance is dependent on:
- your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen program, or
- the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
Equivalency Conversion Table to enable Percentages to be obtained from which an Applicant Score (AS) can be calculated
International/Foreign/NCV level 4 & senior certificate equivalency conversion table
- Use the table below to get an equal Applicant Score (AS) for admission based on percentages earned in international, NC(V) level 4, or foreign school-leaving certificates for South African and international applicants.
- For a certificate of exemption for a specific international or foreign school-leaving qualification, applicants with international or foreign qualifications must also meet the Matriculation Board’s standards. Such applications must be sent directly to the Matriculation board at https://mb.usaf.ac.za/
- The minimum Applicant Score (AS) required for the UG qualification an applicant wishes to apply for, as well as any additional subject criteria, must be met by the applicant.
- Utilize the symbols, achievement ratings, and percentages from your school-leaving exams to translate them into a comparable accomplishment standard on the National Senior Certificate (NSC), then apply that conversion to determine your Applicant Score (AS).
- Six subjects, including the language(s) and subjects needed for entrance but excluding LO, are used to compute your AS.
To become a member of the distinguished academic community at NMMU, navigating the application process is essential. You may confidently finish your application, submit all essential paperwork, and meet all deadlines by carefully following the detailed directions provided in this handbook.
Applications for undergraduate and graduate programs at NMMU can be submitted online quickly and easily due to the university’s streamlined procedure. To increase your chances of admission, keep your paperwork organized, complete the application, and take advantage of the financial aid opportunities.