NMMU Admission Requirements 2024
NMMU Admission Requirements 2024
If you are considering Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) as your destination, it is important to familiarize yourself with the university’s admission requirements. This article will guide you through the eligibility, required documents, and the application process.
Whether you’re just out of high school or a transfer student looking to continue your education, this article will guide you through the key elements of NMMU’s admission requirements. From academic qualifications to paperwork to the application process, we cover all the important details you need to know to start your educational journey at NMMU.
READ ALSO: Unisa Honours Registration Dates 2024/2025
NMMU Entry requirements
- The chart that follows outlines your academic performance criteria for each qualification level (Higher Certificate, Diploma, or Degree) in order to achieve the minimum statutory standards
- Additionally, the university has established its own additional minimal admittance standards.
- Please be aware that meeting the minimal legal requirements for admission does not ensure your admission to any program or subject of study at this university.
|Qualification||Minimum Statutory Entry Requirement|
|Higher Certificate||Pass NSC with A minimum of 30% in the language of learning and teaching of the higher education institution, together with any other university requirements.|
|Diploma||Pass NSC with A minimum of 30% in the language of learning and teaching of the higher education institution, coupled with an achievement rating of 3 (40–49%) or better in four recognized NSC 20-credit subjects (this excludes LO which is 10-credits), together with any other university requirements.|
|Bachelors Degree||Pass NSC with A minimum of 30% in the language of learning and teaching of the higher education institution, coupled with an achievement rating of 4 (50–59%) or better in four recognized 20-credit NSC subjects (this excludes LO which is 10-credits), together with any other university requirements.|
The list of designated objects has been revoked with immediate effect in accordance with Government Gazette Notice No. 165 No. 41473 from March 2018. Following this release, the updated Nelson Mandela University admission standards for degree entry are further described below:
- The minimum statutory admission requirements for each category of qualification an applicant wishes to apply for must be met.
- For some qualifications, the University may add extra subject-specific prerequisites.
- Before an assessment is made about the outcome of an applicant’s application, the applicant must also comply with the Applicant Score (AS), subject(s), and percentage of passes required for specific topics which may be required for certain credentials.
- With the exception of LO, which is 10 credits, any recognized 20-credit NSC subject combinations may be applied toward applying for degree studies, providing that each of these four topics is also passed on a level 4 (50-59%) or higher.
Diploma in Accountancy
This curriculum gives students the knowledge and skills they need for a career in accountancy as it is used in business and industry.
Requirements for admission
(Please note that these are the specific program admission requirements – the university has its own minimum admission requirements.)
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS
- Minimum NSC statutory requirements for diploma entry must be met.
- An applicant with NSC Grade 12 Mathematics or Technical Mathematics requires a minimum Applicant Score of 350.
- An applicant with NSC Grade 12 Mathematical Literacy requires a minimum Applicant Score of 365.
- NSC achievement rating of at least level 45% for Mathematics or Technical Mathematics or 65% for Mathematical Literacy.
READ ALSO: University Of Cape Town Entry Requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008
- Senior Certificate with at least five subjects, provided these subjects include a 1st Language passed on HG=E or SG=C and a 2nd Language passed on HG=E or SG=C.
- Must have passed Mathematics with at least HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 27 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
Applicants can apply online by logging on to apply online.mandela.ac.za
Before completing the online application form, please take note of the minimum admission requirements for
the program of your choice. Use the Undergraduate Programmes Guide for International Students, found here.
Don’t forget that meeting the admissions requirements is the first step on your path; do it now!
OTHER RELATED LINKS