MUT Application Dates
MUT Application Dates
- Faculty of Engineering – first semester applications – 30 September
- Faculty of Engineering – second-semester applications – 31 May
- Faculty of Natural Sciences – 30 September
- Analytical Chemistry – second-semester applications – 31 May
- Faculty of Management Sciences – 30 September
Applications submitted after 30 September accumulate a late application fee determined by the CAO.
Important Application Documents
Important Application Documents (FOR SOUTH AFRICAN APPLICANTS)
- National Senior Certificate or Statement of Results •
- Senior Certificate
- Identity Document
- Students transferring from other universities should submit an original academic record and a certificate of good conduct
NON-SOUTH AFRICAN APPLICANTS
- A valid study permit
- A valid medical aid/health insurance cover
- A valid passport
- GCE, GCSE, IGCSE, or Cambridge School Certificate
- Students holding a GCE GCSE IGCSE or the Cambridge School Certificate must have passed five approved ordinary level subjects including English language provided three subjects have been passed at the same examination sitting
Submission of application:
Once you have completed the application form and gathered all the documents, submit your application. Pay attention to the designated submission method, such as online application, mail, or hand delivery. Please pay attention to the application deadlines and plan enough time for your application to reach the university before the application deadline.
The Mangosuthu University Of Technology Minimum Entrance Requirements
- National Senior Certificate with a diploma pass or N3 with a 50% pass in Mathematics and English
- A minimum of 5 subjects with level 4 pass for diploma study and level 3 for Access Courses
- English Home Language or First Additional Language, level 4 pass
- Specific subject combination and pass level relevant to the qualification
- Minimum points as per faculty requirement and as listed on the CAO handbook
How to apply to MUT
The Central Applications Office (CAO) is where all first-year applications are filed. This is a more straightforward method of submitting applications for several programs utilizing a single application form and a single application fee. When paying the application cost, be sure to use your special CAO number as a reference. We suggest that prospective students make MUT their first option.
You can get application forms from the CAO website at www.cao.ac.za. You can also submit an application online by visiting www.cao.ac.za, selecting the “Apply” link, selecting “Apply Now,” and then following the simple instructions. On the CAO application form, a tear-off slip contains the CAO number.
Checking the progress of your application
It’s essential to be aware of the Mangosuthu University of Technology application deadlines in order to complete your application efficiently and on time. To get precise and up-to-date information on undergraduate and postgraduate application opening and closing dates, be sure to often visit the university’s official website or contact the admissions office.