How To Apply Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences 2023/2024
How To Apply Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences 2023/2024: Sefako Makgatho Application Dates
The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) was established when the Minister of Higher Education and Training, Dr. Blade Nzimande, promulgated the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) in the SA Government Gazette no: 37658 of 16 May 2014, in terms of section 20 of the Higher Education Act 1997 (Act 101 of 1997).
Minister Nzimande declared his desire to split the Medunsa Campus from the University of Limpopo in 2011, which was followed by the promulgation. Prof Malegapuru Makgoba, former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (UKZN), and Dr. Max Price, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cape Town, created and headed a task team that produced findings and recommendations (UCT).
SEFAKO MAKGATHO HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY
To apply online, you need access to the internet and a valid email address. Please ensure that you:
- Complete the application accurately and fully.
- Write your names the same as they appear in your identity/passport document.
- Specify the names of the first choice and second choice degrees (where applicable)
- Complete the residence section (if applicable).
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of R200.00 and send proof of payment. Use the reference number/student number generated by the system when making a payment
Please remember to upload the following certified and individually scanned documents:
- Certified copy of your ID/passport document (compulsory).
- Certified Grade 11 end-of-year examination results or your National Senior/Matric/IEB Certificate (if you have already completed Grade 12).
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s) and academic record(s) (if you attended other universities).
- Certified copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Proof of non-refundable application fee payment of R200.00
Read Also: Unisa Application Honours 2023
Banking Details are as follows:
Account name: SMU; Bank name: Standard Bank, Account no.: 071244395 Branch no.: 020909; Ref no.: Your ID/ Passport number/ Student number
Please note: Sefako Makgatho Application Dates
- Your application will not be processed if you have not submitted all the required application documentation mentioned above.
- If you have not submitted the required documentation within a period of two months, unfortunately, your application will not be considered.
- The University receives more applications than it can accommodate and meet admissions requirements does not guarantee admission.
- There are limited places in University residence and admission to study at SMU does not guarantee a place in residence. The places are awarded on a first come first served basis and the University is not obliged to provide a place in the residence.
- All non-South African citizens and non-permanent residents are required to obtain a study permit prior to registering as students. Applications for study permits should be submitted to the South African Home Affairs, Consulate, or High Commissioner in your country of residence/origin, and they would be issued in favor of Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University and to be submitted during registration.
- Application forms submitted after the closing dates will not be considered.
- If you need more information, call 012-521 4058/5886/4315/4319/4137/4204/4979
The application form for admission is to be posted to The Registrar
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University P. O. Box 60
- MEDUNSA 0204
- Telephone No. 012-5214979/4058/5886/4315/4319/4137/4204 Fax No. 012-5215732
- Email: email@example.com
Other Important Information for 2022/2023
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University Online Application Dates
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University Application Admission Requirements
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University Application Forms
- How To Apply Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences