Details Of Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences Application 2023/2024
Details Of Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences Application 2023/2024: Sefako Makgatho Online Application Dates
The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) was formed on May 16, 2014, when Dr. Blade Nzimande, Minister of Higher Education and Training, promulgated the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) in the SA Government Gazette No: 37658.
Minister Nzimande announced his intention to split the Medunsa Campus from the University of Limpopo in 2011, prompting the promulgation.
The minister’s decision was based on the findings and recommendations of a task force chaired by Prof Malegapuru Makgoba, former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (UKZN), and Dr. Max Price, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (UKZN).
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) Application Process
To apply online, you need access to the internet and a valid email address. Please ensure that you:
- Complete the application accurately and fully.
- Write your names the same as they appear in your identity/passport document.
- Specify the names of the first choice and second choice degrees (where applicable)
- Complete the residence section (if applicable).
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of R200.00 and send proof of payment. Use the reference number/student number generated by the system when making a payment
Please remember to upload the following certified and individually scanned documents:
- Certified copy of your ID/passport document (compulsory).
- Certified Grade 11 end-of-year examination results or your National Senior/Matric/IEB Certificate (if you have already completed Grade 12).
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s) and academic record(s) (if you attended other universities).
- Certified copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Proof of non-refundable application fee payment of R200.00
Read Also: Unisa Online Admission 2023-2024
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA
- An application form obtainable from home affairs,
- A valid passport (for a year or more),
- Admission letter from the University,
- A letter from the institution in support of your study visa (International office),
- Bank statement – Copy of passport or I.D of parent or guardian responsible for the financial support and a supporting letter,
- A study visa fee of R425-00,
- Proof of medical aid cover confirming that you will be covered while in SA. Medical reports (including Radiology & Pathology).
- A police clearance certificate from your country of origin,
- Repatriation fee of R585-00,
- Copy of yellow fever vaccination (If relevant),
- If the applicant is under 21 years old, there should be a letter of consent from the parent or guardian.
Sefako Makgatho Online Application
A non-refundable application fee of R200 is applicable with all applications and should be deposited to the following Banking Account:
- Bank: Standard Bank
- Account Number: 071 244 395
- Account Name: Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU)
- Branch number: 020 909
- Reference: Use your ID number as the reference
NB: No cash should accompany the application form
NB: Any application submitted without an application fee will not be processed. Please ensure that you keep a copy of your proof of payment.
Read Also: NMMU Registration 2023/2024
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) Contact Details
A fully completed application form can be:
- Posted to this address:
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU)
P.O Box 60
Or hand delivers to this address:
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU)
Student Administration and Registration Office
Clinical Pathology Building
Enquiries can be directed to:
- Contact details: (012) 521 4979/4058/5886/4319/4317/4204
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office hours from Monday to Friday: 07h30am – 16h00pm
Visit Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU)’s Official Website.
Other Important Information for 2023/2024