Apply & Register
Apply & Register
Who must apply?
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants, Unisa students changing to a new qualification, and applicants who previously applied for admission and were either not offered a space or were offered a space and did not register.
- Everyone completing a Higher Certificate or Alternative Pathway / Extended Programme must apply for admission to the follow-on qualification.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and received feedback, but did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
* You can apply for admission via the TVET college or online at Unisa or via one of their self-help terminals. The TVET colleges provide face-to-face tuition / classes for selected modules in some qualifications. Please check that your selected TVET college offers your qualification(s) of choice.
What’s new for 2021?
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your applications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie either semester 1 or semester 2).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission (ie semester 1 or semester 2). Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
Why happens if I don’t accept Unisa’s offer?
- The university will withdraw your offer and give your space to another applicant.
- You will not be able to register for the 2021 academic year.
Please note: To apply for admission via a TVET college, you must ensure that the relevant TVET college offers your qualification(s) of choice.
When must I apply?
You must apply for admission to the 2021 academic year during the relevant application period. Click here for more information about Unisa’s application dates.
How must I apply?
If you plan to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement, you may apply via the relevant TVET college or at Unisa via the online or self-help options.
Apply for admission via a TVET college
- Please ensure that the TVET college you have selected offers your qualification of choice.
- Apply for admission to Unisa via the TVET college. Indicate clearly at the time of application that you are applying for admission to Unisa. Ensure that you submit all the necessary documents and pay the application fee during the application process.
Apply for admission to Unisa online or at a Unisa self-help terminal
- Online via the application website: www.unisa.ac.za/apply
- Visit a Unisa Regional Office to submit your complete application online via the self-help stations (application form + uploaded supporting documents) (08:00-15:30, Mondays to Fridays)
Register for the 2021 academic year
Unisa will send the necessary information about registration dates and the registration process to all successful applicants who have confirmed their acceptance of Unisa’s offer. Visit www.unisa.ac.za/register for registration information.