Apply for NSFAS 2022-2023
Apply for NSFAS 2022-2023: NSFAS Online Application 2022
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is offering a Funding / Bursaries Programme for the 2022-2023 academic year. The NSFAS applications system for 2022 will be open from 2 November 2021 to 7 January 2022 when the NSC results are released.
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding 2022-2023?
Students qualify to get NSFAS funding if they are a South African citizen or permanent resident who plans on registering or already studying at a public university or TVET college in South Africa and they will fall within one or more of the below categories:
- SASSA grant recipients (the SASSA COVID-19 grant does not count)
- Persons whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- Persons living with disabilities with a combined household income not more than R600 000 per annum.
- The correct supporting documents are important in ensuring that NSFAS processes your funding application in time for your registration
at an institution of higher learning.
Students must go through the list of required supporting documents that I will mention ensuring that they have all of them before they start with the NSFAS application 2022 process:
1. All applicants must provide a copy of their ID. A temporary ID issued by the Department of Home Affairs will be accepted;
2. Non-SASSA applicants must provide ID copies of parent/s, legal guardian/guardian or spouse;
3. Smart ID cards: a copy with both sides of the smart ID must be provided;
4. Proof of income: applicant and/or parents/legal guardian/spouse (where applicable)
5. Non-SASSA should provide the latest payslip not older than 3 months, UIF letter, appointment letter, retrenchment letter (applicant and/or parent(s), legal guardian/spouse).
6. It must be noted that no affidavits will be accepted as proof for any funding requirement.
How and where to Apply for NSFAS 2022-2023 Academic year?
YOU HAVE TO APPLY FOR NSFAS ONLINE VIA WWW.NSFAS.ORG.ZA USING A CELLPHONE, TABLET, AND COMPUTER.
Follow the steps below to apply:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za
- Click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab
- Create a myNSFAS account
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab and complete the sections on the screen
- Upload required supporting documents where applicable
- Click on ‘Submit’
If you do not have a digital device or access to the internet, do not stress, simply go to a nearby National Youth Development Agency
(NYDA) or Thusong Centre to apply following the same steps stated above.
Prospective students are urged to apply to institutions via their application processes for a study place, as funding is only offered to students who are eligible for funding from NSFAS (financial eligibility) and who obtain a firm place to study in an approved programme at a
Prospective students can access the NSFAS application portal at https://www.nsfas.org.za
- Check Unisa application dates for 2022
- How to Check your Unisa Application Status
- How to Access Unisa Application Tool
- Application online at UNISA 2022